Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Smith's Bar" by Amy Stewart--SOLD


I just got back from a three-week painting trip in New York. I took a workshop with Karin Jurick the first week, and then, because I had my paints and supplies with me, I actually continued to paint for a little over a week--until I had to stop to let the paintings dry. I didn't want to carry an easel around New York and set up somewhere--painting is kind of messy, so clean-up is awkward, and the people keep moving around! But I did work from photos, using the fire escape in my apartment as a studio. Bliss!

This is Smith's Bar in Hell's Kitchen, on 8th Avenue around West 44th Street. I just loved the neon sign.

Many more New York paintings in the weeks to come--I have a stack of paintings I finished while I was there, and hundreds of photographs I hope to paint soon!

This is 8 x 10 oil on board, with slots in the back for easy unframed hanging. Click here to bid, and don't forget to check out my other paintings here.

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice Amy! You are the cityscape Queen. KO

    ReplyDelete
  2. great light in the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice painting. And great shadows. Almost can hear the honking of cars and hustle bustle that is not Humboldt County...

    ReplyDelete