Thursday, December 2, 2010

COASTAL CLIFFS IN SPRING Oil Painting by Kathy O'Leary

This 9 x 12 painting was done from a photography and painting trip I took last Spring along the California Coast. I'm often drawn to tonalist interpretations of the landscape, and I came across this scene as I was traveling north from San Luis Obispo to my home in Eureka. The new green grass showing through the lavender remains of last year's dried grasses created wonderful subtle color complements. Coupled with the hazy softness of the ocean moisture in the afternoon light, it was a perfect 'tonal' scene. SOLD

3 comments:

  1. What a stunning composition! Beautiful Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely -- I feel like I'm flying over the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely composition, Kathy. I love this painting.

    ReplyDelete