Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Toaster and Eggs by Guest Artist Linne Tobias

Size: 24"h x18" w
Medium: Watercolor on Paper
Price: $695
If you are interested in acquiring this piece
contact Linnea directly at linneatobias@gmail.com 

A watercolor still life from a series I did a few years ago. When my daughter was small I would set up complex still life arrangements to paint. When I could find a  break while caring for her I would steal away a few moments to add another layer of paint. I loved playing with the reflections in the mirror and toaster, experimenting with shape, pattern and bright color.

5 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed the colorful quality and playfulness of this painting Linnea. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! I loved seeing your work at Los Bagels -this month! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I appreciate being featured on this fantastic blog!
    -Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely painting, Linnea! Thanks for posting- great to have you on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you complex design and dynamic treatment of everyday
    objects.

    ReplyDelete