Monday, May 14, 2012

Mustard and Farm Buildings by Andrew Daniel

"Mustard and Farm Buildings"
oil on wood by Andrew Daniel
5" x 7"(13cm x 18cm)
 
This painting is available in my online shop.
Or come by and see it during North Coast Open Studios!
June 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
1885 Zehndner Ave. Arcata


I wanted to paint this day, but the sky was gray and the drizzling, then I came across this vibrant field as I was returning home. The colors were so vibrant and lush for the middle of winter. It was lovely to spend a couple of wet hours observing the subtle changes in yellow hues, rather then returning home to be cooped up.

1 comment:

  1. I love the whole feel of this piece. The large yellow foreground works so well with the blues, whites, grays and greens plus the touch of red and the way you designed it.

    ReplyDelete