Sunday, November 11, 2012

'Sun Setting Behind Sierras'


My husband, some friends and I went to the Sierras to paint on location.  We arrived at Sardine Lake late in the day as the sun was setting behind the mountains.  We set up our easels and painted rapidly.               
I painted with oils on 8x9 inch linen on Stretcher bars.  Eventually I will display this piece at a local show.
                                                   Breaking News!    2 of our friends-
Linda Mitchell and Micki Flatmo are opening  EUREKA STUDIO ARTS located at 526 5th St.  in Eureka during December's Arts Alive! December 1st between the hours of 6-9. for public viewing and celebration.  This will be a venue for workshops, life drawing, and displays.   

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your opening. Do you have an exact date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eva Marie, Thanks for writing! Actually the message pertained to a new art venue being established by 2 friends, linda mitchell and Mickey Flatmo that opens during Dec. Arts alive!
      Thank you for inquiring. I really appreciate your interest and will post if I decide to have a show. Also you inspired me to make the message about the new venue coming in clearer!
      Terry

      Delete