Thursday, May 30, 2013

'Spring on Harper's Slough' by Kathy O'Leary

"This was painted on location on a beautiful morning in April at Hwy 101 and Harper Ford, just north of Eureka.  Who knew when whizzing by on the highway that there was such a place of beauty lying just on the other side of the trees that line the road.  It measures 8 x 10, oil on linen panel.
I've been doing mostly plein air painting recently and will have a lot of the new work available during Open Studios. I will be participating both weekends this year, June 1 & 2 (including Art's Alive), and June 9 & 10, 11 - 5 pm.  I will also have available, older works, and plein oil sketches both figurative and landscapes at particularly good prices.  In addition, I'm holding a free raffle for one of my local plein air landscape paintings.  Please join me and the other artists at our C St. studios, Old Town, Eureka in celebrating the arts in Humboldt County during Open Studios."


1 comment: