Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Marilyn Looking Back by Andrew Daniel



"Marilyn Looking Back" by Andrew Daniel
Watercolor on paper 9" x 6"
Contact artist for purchase

I have been entertaining myself with the diversion of learning a new medium this week. I never would have guessed how much fun I would have painting with watercolor. Always having seen it as an unforgiving and chaotic medium that was too hard to control. But I have to say those are the very reasons that I am coming to appreciate it! 

This winter I'm trying to paint or draw figurative work every day, to prepare myself for teaching an ongoing figurative painting course at Eureka Studio Arts. 

This painting of Marilyn Monroe is from a series of Bathing Beauties I have been playing with. I'm enjoying the vintage bathing suits and the fun hairstyles.


2 comments: