Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rooster Head by Andrew Daniel

I've been watching Rachel Schlueter create really fun lyrical paintings from photos of animals and it has gotten me a bit inspired. I found this photo of a roosters head from the creative commons website 4freephotos and it moved me to act!

It was such a treasure hunt discovering all of the colors in the birds plumage. It can get addictive painting from photos. My next step I guess would be to go out and take some photos of my own...

For more information on this piece or to purchase check out my Etsy Shop. Sold

4 comments:

  1. I love the color...very nice Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bully! great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cindy and Rachel! It is funny what can come out in a painting. Rachel, your comment has permanently changed the way I see this little guys personality!

    ReplyDelete