Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chinese Teapot by Frances Kuta


I set this still life up yesterday and painted it in one session. For a change I decided to use the Zorn pallete of white, yellow ochre, black and red. Instead of ivory black I used blue/black to achieve a stronger blue. The red was Vermillion Red Deep...but I think I could've easily used Cad Red Light...i noticed the Vermillion has weak tinting strength. I love Anders Zorns paintings. I think he strictly used Ivory Black because I see much more green/yellow in his paintings. I read that his palette lent itself well to his geographic location (Norway) with a much more cold gray climate. 8" x 10" oil on board
CLICK TO BID

6 comments:

  1. charming, quite lovely - has a wonderful calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Fran! Feels like you are really hitting your stride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely painting. And nice to read your approach too. Anders Zorn is a favorite of mine and I didn't know about his palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece! As usual your paint handling is beautiful, and color tones too. Really like the way you handle shapes, like the handle
    for instance. Thank you for sharing your approach and the colors you applied. I find you and our fellow bloggers to be very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cooler tonal palate that black gives ...nice work

    ReplyDelete