Sunday, May 29, 2011

"CR RESPITE" by Alicia Tredway

8 x 10 inches oil on canvas panel.  This is the place I went when time permitted between classes at College of the Redwoods.  There was a convenient bench just out of the picture.  I love the big firs as a backdrop for the light spring tree and grasses.  Fences always add a  human element and 'lead in compositional device' plus I just like them.  Another little human sign is  you can see where the lawnmower stopped. For more information or to bid CLICK HERE

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful tones and shapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The variety of textures and color are so effective in depicting what I could only imagine would be a difficult scene to undertake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those human elements, too. They somehow help me order my landscapes so that they don't end up being chaos! The spring greens here are beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete