Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reflections of Lake Flora oil painting by Andrew Daniel

Reflections of Lake Flora
9" x 12" (23cm x 30cm) 
This is the second painting I completed on my backpacking trip in the Sierra's, near Donner Pass. For this piece I woke up each morning and watched the sunrise. As soon as it rose high enough to hit the rocky cliffs on the far side of lake Flora, I began painting, with hopes of capturing the rich peach colored hues of the rocks awash in morning light.

I would begin each painting with just the sounds of nature, as I worked the fire circle would fill with the noise of breakfast preparation by my camp-mates.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Makes me feel like I'm there – a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really caught the beauty of direct sunlight on the
    landscape. Love the variety of combined shapes you
    depicted also.

    ReplyDelete