Thursday, March 29, 2012

Beasley by Rachel K Schlueter















Click to Bid
Oil on 6"x5" panel. "Beasley" was the first painting I did during my three week residency at the Morris Graves Foundation in Loleta CA. I arrived at noon on the 5th of March, unpacked and began painting immediately, I worked in the studio where Mr. Graves painted... it has to be one of the most beautiful studios on the planet! It has high ceilings and huge north facing skylight, built on the edge of a natural 6 acre pond surrounded by old growth forest, the pond is home to countless birds and one little otter. It was great to be there, I got a lot of paintings done. Three weeks is a long time to be without loved-ones and there was no radio, phone, TV, or computer, so I was able to collect my thoughts and gain some perspective...it's great to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment