Sunday, March 11, 2012

Red Rhododendron by guest artist Jim McVicker

Terry and I have a huge Rhododendron that I see every time I enter and leave the studio. It starts flowering in February and is still full of blossoms. I painted this from the studio deck in the mid morning sun. Oil on panel, 12x16. This painting and at least one hundred and fifty earlier works by Terry and myself will be available during our studio sale at the the RAA exhibit space, 603 F. Street, Eureka, Saturday and Sunday, March 17th and 18th - 10am to 5pm.

4 comments:

  1. What a passionate celebration of the coming spring! This piece is truly one after my own heart, with its vibrant colors and sea of abstracted shapes! The sky blue popping through the reds dances with the strokes that evoke the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lesson in landscape painting . beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You caught its glory! Very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great comments.

    ReplyDelete