Saturday, March 3, 2012

'surfer- Lawyer' by Theresa Oats

Jeff dated a friend of ours. At the time I painted Jeff he was working for a law firm
and studying for his bar exam. While posing he talked about some of his recent volunteer
work trying to find shelter for the homeless and in one case, springing a homeless man's
dog from the pound. He seemed to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders.
I painted Jeff and his surroundings over a landscape I had started, leaving some of it show
through. Jeff posed all afternoon, offering to sit until I finished. This piece measures 36x24'', oil on canvas. A family member assumed ownership of the portrait after jeff passed
away several years ago.



1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job on his face! I like his expression.Like he is staring off into the horizon!

    ReplyDelete