Thursday, June 20, 2013

'Billy was Raised by a Raccoon' by Rachel K Schlueter


 The story goes, I went into the humane society several years ago to adopt the most homely kitten -the least likely to find a home. I know, nice of me huh...well I was touched by a wave of compassion. I found  Billy she was awful  homely as a kitten and even the gals at the Humane Society were concerned that she might not get adopted due to her scroungy appearance. Turns out she was a diamond in the rough, she was the most delightful, unusual and loving cat I've ever known. As a newborn she was adopted by the family's pet Raccoon when her natural mother abandoned her. We lost her early in life and think of her often.

2 comments:

  1. What a touching story, Rachel. And you've definitely shown how different this cat was. Not a drop of aloofness in that face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alicia! Billy was anything but aloof :)

    ReplyDelete