Monday, March 24, 2014

'Cupcakes' by Rachel K Schlueter

Oil on 8x8" canvas.                                                                         
Click to bid
On March 17th I took part in a three day workshop with Qiang- Huang. I can not begin to say how much I appreciated studying with him. 'Cupcakes' is my first study after the workshop. His approach to teaching is extremely exciting and inspirational. I came away understanding exactly what I need to do to be a better painter and  teacher. Putting it all into practice I expect will take some time, right now, I'm enjoying painting more than I ever thought possible. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen this lostcoastpainters blog before, but am so glad I discovered it! There is a lot of hard work going on in here! I really like this one Rachel, and it must have been really exciting to paint with Qiang, he's one of my inspirations too. I like the bounced light from the background in this, something I find that's very easy to overdo, but you've handled it nicely.

    If nobody has any objections I'd love to link to this blog from my own, as I'm sure it deserves more views!

    ReplyDelete